Show all dues of today now

Show all dues of today now

Postby Prof.Dr.Bingo » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:39 am

Hi Ernie,
in your great app you offer the function "Postpone Due Until" in the sub menu of the spaced repetition settings. This option might be useful for many students.
I would appreciate having the opposite - being able to do my "homework of the day" all at once.
I prefer doing my job once a day and to avoid an overload on the next day I want to be sure everything of this day is done - no matter what time of the day I work.
I use to change the time setting of my iPad to trick your app - but this "workaround" is not really an elegant solution because it confuses my other apps (calendar, task lists etc.). To summarize it: A further button ("All Dues of Today Now") would be a wonderful enhancement for me (and probably for some other addicts of your app).
Kind regards from Thailand ;-)
Prof.Dr.Bingo

Re: Show all dues of today now

Postby Ernie » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:36 am

The "postpose due until" works ok but has a small issue. I was planning on doing the opposite, moving things forward. I think this is what you are going after. I need to tackle this one of these days.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Prof.Dr.Bingo » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:43 pm

Hi Ernie,
thank you for your fast response. I am not sure I expressed my request clearly and unambiguously.
I simply would like to have the option to do all my "dues" of the day in one and the same session - even when it is early morning.
With other words: This option should make the app ignoring the exact time of all dues so that only the respective day is the criterion to select the "dues" of the session. When I check the statistics by "Due Date" your app shows already what I have to learn that respective day - and that is exactly what I want to learn in my session - independent of the time doing my session.
The reason for my request: Usually I do my repetitions in the early morning. But when some event forces me to make my session in the evening (instead of the morning) I am overloaded by too many "dues" then. So I would appreciate it finding the same amount of "dues" - no matter what time of the day I start my session.
If I am still not clear and unambiguous I must apologize and start using your wonderful app to polish up my english first instead of wasting my time on studying southeast-asian languages. :roll:
Kind regards
Ingo
Prof.Dr.Bingo

Postby Ernie » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:23 pm

"If I am still not clear and unambiguous I must apologize and start using your wonderful app to polish up my english first instead of wasting my time on studying southeast-asian languages."
Ha ha, you crack me up. It's cool you posted that your in Thailand. It's fun to see where people are.

I think we are talking about the same thing. Again, I don't really want to add another setting, but I think if you use my current option with a "12am" setting and I change it to move things forward, then we get to the same answer. Maybe the time thing is making it more complicated than it needs to be and I just make it more like you said... same day = due now.

I'm not thinking this completely through right now and won't until I dig back into this at some point (probably in a month or so). You might want to subscribe to this topic if you aren't already, so that I can run ideas off you if needed when I get to this.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Prof.Dr.Bingo » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:05 pm

Thanks again for the fast response...
I am looking forward.

Best regards from the River Mekong
Ingo
Prof.Dr.Bingo

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback