Second Font Within a Single Card's Side?

Second Font Within a Single Card's Side?

Postby nouveaux » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:32 am

New user. Great app! I'm working my way through its features and am probably getting on the edge of abusing it already. ;)

Is there a way to have, within a single side of a card, a second font displayed?

I'm studying for a technical certification (VCAP-DCA), have created flash cards containing computer command line commands and have my card sides structured as follows:

1. The question
2. The canonical command line answer
3. An actual command line example

Particularly on the third side I'd love to be able to have the word "Example:" on the first line in a non-mono-spaced font and the example itself on the subsequent line (in the mono-spaced Courier font).

For now, I'm using the per-side font control and it's OK, but... :)

In any event, thanks Ernie, for a wicked cool study aide!
nouveaux

Re: Second Font Within a Single Card's Side?

Postby Ernie » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:56 am

Hi. Try using font html tag in your text

Example:|<font face="courier">Some text on line 2</font>

Another option, though probably a little goofy in your case, would be to exclude the "Example:" in your side 3, and add a side 4 that only has "Example:" for every card. You can then use the Card Layout functionality to put Text 4 + Text 3 on the card's side 3 when studying. Since they are different sides, you can specify different font for each original side of the card, side 3 = courier and side 4 = standard, and when it puts it together you'll get two different fonts on the same side. I know the terminology can be very confusing, because "side 3" can mean either the original pre-mapped side 3 (Text 3) or the post-mapped side 3 that is shown. Sorry. Anway, the first option above is more straightforward.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Re: Second Font Within a Single Card's Side?

Postby nouveaux » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:04 pm

Thanks Ernie.

You know, I sort of like your second (more involved) option as I can set that once per deck and be done with it. I think that's better than having to add HTML to each and every card I create.

And, if nothing else, your second option sort of forces me to learn more about the advanced features. Win-win! ;)
nouveaux

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback