Crashing going into help

Crashing going into help

Postby philosopherdog » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:51 pm

I open the deck, hit the settings button and then help. The app crashes. Actually, lots of crashes going into the help area. I'm just testing it out here. If you want me to send a log file you'll have to tell me where to find it.
philosopherdog

Re: Crashing going into help

Postby Ernie » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:34 pm

A crash log might help. Below are instructions I found from a website.
Also, can you try to restart your device and remove apps from memory to see if that helps at all?
Thanks for letting me know and offering to help. Hopefully I can get this figured out.

--------------

Whenever you synchronize your iPhone or iPod Touch, all the crash logs are transferred to your computer. Here are their locations:

Mac OS X : ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/<DEVICE_NAME>
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Apple computer\Logs\CrashReporter/<DEVICE_NAME>
Windows Vista/7: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Apple computer\Logs\CrashReporter/MobileDevice/<DEVICE_NAME>

The log file names start with application name and have the extension “crash”. They are just plain text files.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby philosopherdog » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:10 pm

ok. here are some crash reports. BTW, I'm on an ipod running 3.1.2 which is otherwise very stable. I have another bug I will report on another thread.
Attachments
Archive.zip
(27.49 KiB) Downloaded 597 times
philosopherdog

Postby philosopherdog » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:11 pm

BTW, I'm not getting the error on my iPad running 4.x
philosopherdog

Postby Ernie » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:10 pm

Thanks for the crash logs.
The good news is I was able to duplicate a crash on my 3G phone. I'm very confused because I thought it worked before, but now it doesn't. Anyway, this is great because I can debug it easily if it's crashing for me. I'll compare what's happening to me with the logs you sent.

I will fix this in the next couple days and submit a new version.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback