Can't find my decks... Again. :-(

Can't find my decks... Again. :-(

Postby faetoner » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:09 am

I've got a problem with my iPhone and I didn't have possibility to make backup before iPhone turned off. So I've lost about 3 months of job. :cry:
But I still had previous decks, that I made 3 months ago.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I cannot import any of my 3 decks, neither over iPhone, nor over website.
Please help...

BTW, I saw an option that I can make backups of entire decks every time when I restart the app (it would be nice to do it on exit also)
As I understand, I need to have my own database which will save my decks. Is it possible to do it to your database server?

It would be very (extremely!) nice to add one big button "EXPORT ALL" or "MAKE A BACKUP". It can be also e-mail, where I will send my decks. :idea: Because it takes so long time to export every deck...
If your app will remember my e-mail and every time when I press this button, it sends e-mail with backup of all my decks...

Thanks, Ernie! :-)
faetoner

Re: Can't find my decks... Again. :-(

Postby Ernie » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:51 am

You have previous decks that you cannot import... If you have the text file (which you should), then copy-paste to my website. If that doesn't work, give me more details and I'll walk you through it.

I archive decks off my server after a couple months, so if you just had them on my server, they are no longer there. I can still restore them though... can you give me the deck codes you want me to restore.

As for a "backup all" and "restore all" option... I know, I know. I'm working on exactly this for the next update. I wish I had a great option that works well for everyone... hopefully I can figure one out.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby faetoner » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:33 pm

I don't have any copies of these decks. :-(

If you remove previous versions from your server every 2 weeks, I need to get more info about that option "Import/Export from/to your own server". It can take some time for you to explain step-by-step how to organize, launch and connect own server to your app... Many ppl can use this manual. :-)
Last edited by faetoner on Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
faetoner

Postby Ernie » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:31 pm

I restored your decks.

Backing up is easy... tap Edit, any deck, Export, turn export all decks to ON, and change Export To to "email". You'll get an email with all your decks at .txt files. If you ever need to restore, just copy the .txt file contents and paste into my website with a deck code and it's ready to download again.

I agree I need to do a better job at providing this info. My next update will have better in-app help and I hope will, uh, help.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby faetoner » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:26 am

Thanks, I've got my decks. But... Export to e-mail doesn't work, app crashes :shock: when I choose "Export to e-mail" (all decks or only one deck - doesn't matter) :-( I can export them only to the server....
faetoner

Postby Ernie » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:44 am

Shoot, well I have no idea why your email export is crashing. Sorry. The next update (in a couple months) will have more full-export options.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby faetoner » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:20 am

You mean, that on your iPhone export works perfectly? :o On iOS 4.2.1? Did you try to export my decks? (faetoner1/2/3)

I have iPhone 3G (without Jailbreak), I think it should work... I even tried to reboot iPhone, it still crashes... :(
faetoner

Postby Ernie » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:16 am

I download faetoner1 on my 1) iPhone 4 with latest OS and 2) old 3G iphone with old 3.1 OS...
both exported by email just fine. (I don't have 3G with new OS to test out.)

I supposed you can try to delete the app and reinstall to see if that helps.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby faetoner » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:29 pm

I have deleted and reinstalled the app, but it still crashes when I try to export any deck to email. :?
But I can do it over website, anyway. :-)
I hope we will get updates that will allow to export decks without website usage. :-)
I can't wait to your update. :roll:
faetoner

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback