How to Write Math Formulas?

How to Write Math Formulas?

Postby thedarkknight17 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:50 am

Hello,

I bought your app last month to study Korean, and it works great. I find it an excellent tool for language learning.

However, I also want to use your app for math formulas I'm studying for the GMAT. The way I have to type in the formulas look quite different from the way it is written in the books I'm using or from what I see on chalkboards.

Is there anyway to make it easier for me to input math formulas, so it doesn't look completely different from what I'm studying in a book or in a classroom?
thedarkknight17

Re: How to Write Math Formulas?

Postby Ernie » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:48 am

Math formulas are a tricky one and I don't have a great answer. All my suggestions revolve around pictures (since plain text won't show them nicely)...
1) Write the forumla on paper and take a picture of it (from within the app)
2) Use a drawing program like DoodleBuddy to create a picture in your device's library and add to cards from within the app
3) There is a website where you can type in equations and it will give you a picture (GIF) file of the equation. You can then include these pictures in your flashcards. The complication is 1) you need to learn how to use their input method and 2) adding pictures from your PC involves a slight learning curve. The website is http://www.codecogs.com/components/equa ... editor.php
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby thedarkknight17 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:26 am

Okay. I'll do that for now. Will you be adding a drawing feature to directly save to the app any time soon, or will you doing anything to make writing formulas easier in the near future?
thedarkknight17

Postby Ernie » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:38 am

Nothing in the near future. Sorry. I do plan on adding the ability to draw dirctly in my program, but this is not happening soon.
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback