Feature with combined deck view

Feature with combined deck view

Postby faetoner » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:13 pm

Ello, Ernie!
I'd like to offer one very helpful feature about combined deck list view. When I press to combo-deck in edit mode, it could show me not only decks I've put in there, but also list of included elements with search string. We have this feature already, but we need to do a lot of actions:
1) in edit mode, choose one of none-combined decks;
2) choose "Edit cards"
3) choose "View"
4) choose "Other deck"
5) choose needed combined deck.
6) After I check needed word, I need to return to previous page, over these pages again, but in the reversed order...

Isn't it long? Yeah, it is, and when I write some new swedish words on the lesson, some words can be duplicated, it's like if I wrote them before to another deck and forgot about it. And when I learn new words, sometimes I need to check unique translation (do I have different words with the same translation). And every time I need to do these 10 steps (instead of just one click).
I think it's not hard to implement, it will be very helpful functionality for all of us and for you also (in chinese, hehe). It would be very nice.

BTW, it would be another nice feature, if on deck selection screen (not editing mode) if you press and hold on some deck (or another gesture, doesn't matter), it could open a list of containing elements, also with search string (like Edit Mode -> Edit cards), this list view also helps to learn some words or remember it much quicker. ;-)

Cheers, Alex
faetoner

Re: Feature with combined deck view

Postby Ernie » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:48 pm

Hi Alex.

You can get to any deck listing screen with two taps:
1) Tap the deck, or combo deck, that you want to see listing for on main screen. (this will put you in study view)
2) Tap the "two-card" icon in the bottom right of the screen.

So this should be an easy way to see a listing for any deck, including combo decks. Does this work for you?
Ernie
Site Admin

Re: Feature with combined deck view

Postby faetoner » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:47 am

Ello, Ernie!
Yep, it works how I needed! Thanks! :-B Life has become much easier! :-B
faetoner

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback