Future Mod? Tailoring Card Side Display

Future Mod? Tailoring Card Side Display

Postby Micky Panda » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:12 pm

Ernie,

As you know, I have been a long time user now, Deutsch and Thai vocab, to and from English.
Sometimes my word lists have words that are ambiguous (meaning), but have intended meaning clarified well by the overall subject (or chapter) which I have stored as a "Category", e.g. Sport, Animals, Politics, Food, etc. It would be real handy if, when selecting what is displayed on each side of the flashcard, we could select to display one of the Categories in small text as well as the basic word or phrase. This would be in addition to selecting normal text, audio, picture.

For now, I can get round this by editing my master lists in Excel to calculate a column with the Category included with the word/phrase in a Language, perhaps attempting to vary the font too. But a bit tiresome. :(
Micky Panda

Re: Future Mod? Tailoring Card Side Display

Postby Ernie » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:17 pm

Hi Micky Panda. I've this request a few times and I will do it... I'm just not sure when yet. I'll try to get it in for this next update, but can't guarantee it. If not, I'll get it in for the next one.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:29 am

Ernie wrote:Hi Micky Panda. I've this request a few times and I will do it... I'm just not sure when yet. I'll try to get it in for this next update, but can't guarantee it. If not, I'll get it in for the next one.

Ernie,
Was just reading the details of the latest update (Version 2.7) and see it had ability to display Category 1 or 2 at the foot of card.
So thanks heaps for including this! :D

Postby Ernie » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:40 am

It's not really part of the card's text, but just shown near the bottom above everything else... possibly covering up the text of the card. If you have any recommendations on a change, let me know.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Micky Panda » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:52 pm

The display of my Category 2 text is a good size and colour is grey.
This colour seems fine if background colour is either white or black.
However, as I am using a midtone background colours (depending on card side), I would prefer it, in this case if the colour of Category n text was the same as my normal text, which in my case turns out to be white text. Grey colour on a midtone background is a bit difficult to see clearly.
Micky Panda

Postby Ernie » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:36 pm

Ok, thanks for the feedback.

One issue is that some people might have black-on-white on the front and white-on-black on the back, and in this case I would have to change the category color as the user flips the card. As of now, it's more of a static text for the card in general, not dependent on a single side's color.

Let me think about this. I'll try to come up with something that will help.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Micky Panda » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:53 pm

I can see that grey provides for white on black or black on white.
My cards all have white writing but background is turquoise, purple, or mustard-brown.
I would be quite happy with selecting a fixed colour for the Category text from three: grey, white, black.
Either white or black would work fine with each of my background colours. Grey is not as good.
Micky Panda

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback