Apple Watch

Apple Watch

Postby cjoyce » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:15 pm

Any chance you will be coming out with a version that is comparable with the apple watch? I love using this app but now that I have the apple watch I think it'd be really nice to be able to do the flash cards on it. Thanks!
cjoyce

Re: Apple Watch

Postby Ernie » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:49 pm

Hi. I don't have any plans for an Apple Watch app right now.
I'm not convinced that Flashcards on a watch is really appropriate or needed. I also don't wear a watch which makes it less of an interest to me.
Sorry about that.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby kraemder » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:53 pm

I just got an apple watch too. I haven't worn a watch in years and years. I wore one off an on before smart phones got big. It's weird wearing one again - I forgot to put it on this morning and I kicked myself thinking I'm wasting the stupid iWatch and I better not get in the habit of just not wearing it. I don't know how well this would work on the iWatch but I have to say it would tremendously justify my purchasing the iWatch. It seems like it would be nice to surreptitiously study when you have a few free moments. Right now I use it to tell time and it tells me the temperature and heart rate. When I exercise the heart rate is potentially very very useful but it's gonna take some discipline and free time to get back into exercising regularly. Otherwise I can't say the iWatch is any different from another watch.

Anyway, I get that Earnie isn't interested in the iWatch at this time but still felt I would post feedback just since it's nice to have use feedback and he may change his mind later - Android came out but for the longest time I never expected that.
kraemder

Postby Ernie » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:56 am

Hi kraemder. Yeah, I still don't have any plans for a Watch app, but it's good to hear feedback from people so I know what they are looking for. Thanks.

My good friend got an Apple watch and she likes the daily exercises graphs that help her walk/exercise a bit more. She also seems to like answering calls on the watch. But I think the novelty wears off slightly after a while. It will be interesting to see how the watch develops and/or attitudes change over the next couple years.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Flokkk » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:21 am

Hi,

Just as a little Feedback. This app is so great but a watchOS version would make it even better- no problems to pay for it!!
Flokkk

Postby ricjperry » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:51 am

Another vote for an Apple Watch app, please! I've been using your app for years and thought I could use another one that does offer Watch support - alas they are terrible. Please develop one for the watch, I'd pay good money for it!!
ricjperry

Postby simatbirch » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:34 am

Any change of heart yet Ernie? :-)

It's been a year, and we now have version two of the watch out with version three of its OS, which is getting much better reviews.

Like the guy above, I'd be willing to pay a good sum.
simatbirch

Postby Ernie » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:36 pm

Hi. I still have no plans for a watch version at this time. It would take a relatively large amount of work and I feel few users would benefit from it. I'm sorry.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Emily Stone » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:07 am

ricjperry wrote:Another vote for an Apple Watch app, please! I've been using your app for years and thought I could use another one that does offer Watch support - alas they are terrible. Please develop one for the watch, I'd pay good money for it!!

Apple Watch app is really cool.
Emily Stone

Postby Stephan » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:39 am

Any plans to bring the app to the watch?
Indeed, this is a show-stopper for me to buy the watch (maybe different from other people above).
Would be really great to have my vocabs always handy :)
Stephan

Postby Ernie » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:03 pm

Hi Stephan,

No, I still don't have plans for a watch version. Sorry. I've got too many other higher priority items (at least for me) to keep me busy for a long time. It might happen in a few years, but I doubt before that.
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback