How to deal with line breaks within the question.

How to deal with line breaks within the question.

Postby pcather » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:30 pm

I understand how to format for upload. Created my own on my computer and it uploaded beautifully.

I have found some sets on Quizlet.com that I would like to load onto my but the questions themselves have line breaks. Like this:

What is the color of the sky?

Blue
Green
Yellow
Purple {tab} Purple (then a linebreak for the next question)

When I upload it to my ipad it sees all those line breaks and would make the above into five flashcards.

Is there anything I can do? Thanks
pcather

Re: How to deal with line breaks within the question.

Postby Ernie » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:56 am

Are you downloading the Quizlet set from within the app by tapping "+", Quizlet Flashcards, .... If so, linefeeds should come across fine. If not, can you give me the name or a link to the Quizlet.com set that isn't working for you?
(I wonder if you are trying to export the Quizlet text to your computer first?)

If you want to add a new line when making cards on your computer, you need to use the pipe character: | (shift \)
This will allow proper loading of cards, but be converted to a new line in the app. The other options is to use in-cell linefeeds (e.g. alt-enter) if using a spreadsheet.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby pcather » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:05 pm

Yes I am trying to do it through the computer. I'll try the other way. Thanks for the info on the slash line breaks. On the one I created my self I needed a few line breaks. I just edit the cards once I uploaded. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks
pcather

Postby pcather » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:19 pm

It worked perfectly. Thanks
pcather

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback