Adding Images to cards

Adding Images to cards

Postby Tony » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:26 am

Trying to add images to my flashcards is like being caught in a timewarp in the 1980s. I followed the - very difficult to winkle out of the obscure instructions - procedure uploaded images to Dropbox, set a named directory in my public directory, named the images, entered the Media Dir URL, following the instructions, filled out the Flashcard table, following the instructions, uploaded the crds, downloaded the new cards to my iPad, looked at the cards... and instead of the image I had (text) 'Slide 1.jpg' et sec...

Drag and drop? What's that?
Use files on your device? Really? No.

It's quite a while since I've seen anything so clunky and user unfriendly. Can I have my money back?
Tony

Re: Adding Images to cards

Postby Katja from Hamburg » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:24 am

Hi Tony,
do you have the images in your device?
Goto edit card, scroll down to picture1, choose library, select the picture ... ready.
Next time you upload to dropbox the images will be stored there.
I feel it is very comfortable.

btw: what do you like to do with the app? Their focus is on learning and therefore offered a lot of setting in that area.
Katja from Hamburg

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:56 am

Thank you, thank you, thank you - now, why didn't it say that anywhere in the in-app or online help? I'm using it at the moment for a politics primer.

Postby Ernie » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:05 pm

Hi Tony,

I'm sorry for the trouble and I'm glad you found a solution adding pictures from the device.

If you want to add pictures from Dropbox, you shouldn't use the "Media Dir URL" as there's an easier way. If you want to know how let us know, or I would recommend the instructional video:
http://youtu.be/0hq6HvvTYyA

I'll look at my instructions again and update them to try to lessen confusion for others.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby goldemomma010 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:23 am

Here is Flashcards Deluxe's updated tutorial video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc-S9pH326A

Hope it would help. ;)
goldemomma010

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback