After editing categories they won't export correctly

After editing categories they won't export correctly

Postby Scyza » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:52 pm

Hello! First off, I want to give you some praise for this wonderful app, I have downloaded it for my iPad because I wanted a flexible app to learn Spanish. This is what I call flexible, indeed, it does everything I was looking for! Thumbs up :D

I'm having a problem though, I'm sure I'm just missing something, maybe someone can help me...

I have created a deck in Excel, saved it to txt and uploaded it to my webspace.
Importing and all works just fine, adding words on my iPad and then exporting to my webspace also.

Now I tried to edit some categories though - it works fine on the iPad and shows the changed name of the category correctly when I view any word that has this category assigned. Only when I try to export the deck to my webspace now, the changes I made to the categories do not seem to appear in the txt file. It still has the old categories.

Anyone know what might be causing this? Did I make a mistake? Or should categories better just be changed outside the app?

Thanks!
Stefanie
Scyza

Re: After editing categories they won't export correctly

Postby Scyza » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:55 am

My bad, don't mind my post... I was somehow under the impression that it was possible to export decks to my own webspace, took me some time to realize that it does not work because this functionality simply does not exist lol.

Would be neat if this was implemented though.

Regards
Scyza

Postby Ernie » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:00 am

Hi Stefanie,

Ha, I just had a nice post for you explaining that, and you posted at the same time. Yeah, that would be nice. I'll be working on exporting to your private dropbox and/or google docs area pretty soon, which might be of interest to you.

Glad you figured it out.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Scyza » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:03 am

Hello Ernie,

thanks for your answer, I'll be looking forward to the changes to the export function! Keep up the good work :)

Stefanie
Scyza

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback