Uploading...

Uploading...

Postby cubedweller » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:02 pm

Hello.. love the App.. I'm trying to upload some cards I'm working on but for whatever reason the deck that's downloading has 131 cards that are completely blank.. I've tried just uploading the example you posted and made a new Deck Code and still it downloads 131 blank cards (and it's ignoring the optional name and just using the Deck Code as the name).. is this only happening to me? Please help.. just when I was sure I found the best Flashcard app!~

~Eric

EDIT: I figured it out.. it was the crappy WiFi at Starbucks... so basically, I guess you can put this down as a bug.. if for whatever reason it cannot connect, it creates an empty deck of 131 cards... I've reproduced this a few times... just something to look at?
cubedweller

Re: Uploading...

Postby Ernie » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:30 pm

Eric,

I'm glad you figured it out. This is something I need to try to deal with. When then internet connection is bad, the app will get an error message returned but it doesn't know that it's an error message; it just assumes that it's valid card data so it creates a deck. If you still have the bad deck or it happens again, consider exporting that 131 card deck by email (tap Edit, the deck, then export), then forwarding it to me (I think you can attached to a message here), and maybe that will help me with a plan of attack.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Re: Uploading...

Postby cubedweller » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:02 pm

Hey.. I tried again but now it's working.. it happens when I connect to the WiFi network at Starbucks before it has time to authenticate... it figures that now I can't reproduce it... if it does it again I'll be sure to send it to you.. btw, thanks for the quick reply!
cubedweller

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback