format

format

Postby jon » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:56 pm

I have just created my first personal deck and have been pleasantly surprised by how easy it is.

However I do have a minor problem regarding formatting the text.

I prepared my text in an excel spreadsheet making sure that all text was formatted left justified but after downloading some of the cards are left justified and some are centred, seemingly randomly. How can I control this.

regards
jon
jon

Re: format

Postby Ernie » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:19 pm

Jon,

Cards with with 6 lines or less will be centered, otherwise left justified. You can force left justified. In the study screen, tap the (i) in the top right to go to Study Options. Tap "Text Align" and change each side to "Left". Formatting that you do in Excel is not transfered during the upload/import process... only the text itself.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby jon » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:26 am

Thanks very much for your prompt reply Ernie.

I have also noticed a minor issue with text size which seems to change slightly depending on the number of words/lines. I see that I can correct this in a similar way to the justification.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

regards
jon
jon

Postby Ernie » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:42 am

Resizing of text depending on line count is by design. For a single line, I want a large font. For more lines, I think it makes sense to shrink the text a bit automatically.
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback