When in browse mood, gets stuck auto-playing first card only

When in browse mood, gets stuck auto-playing first card only

Postby doogooroo » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:52 pm

Hi Ernie,

When in browse mood, it gets stuck auto-playing the first card only.

For instance, I have a four card (test) deck of Japanese words and their translations. I'm wanting to be able to have Flashcards Deluxe play through the audio of these words while I cook dinner etc. However, it's getting stuck on the first word.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Let me know if you need any more information.

Cheers,

Dougal
doogooroo

Re: When in browse mood, gets stuck auto-playing first card

Postby Ernie » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:03 am

Make sure the Play Count is not set to a very high number... Main Options, Sound, Play Count.. are they all set to 1? (or something reasable?) This is the only reason I can think of that it would continuously play.

Holding down the play button in the middle of the screen will loop through the sound forever. When you enter browse mode, tap the the play button at the bottom left (where the browse button was), not the sound play button.

Does any of this help?

To turn auto-sound-play on/off, double tap the sound play button (triangle) in the middle of the study screen. If you turn auto-play off, does the slideshow behave any differently?
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby doogooroo » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:46 pm

Hi Ernie,

Thanks for the quick reply.

- Play Count all set to 1
- Was pressing the bottom left play button

Neither of these helped.

Toggling auto-play on / off also didn't help. It only browses through the first one.

Background is this deck has 4 cards. It was set to Spaced Repetition with none of them due (4 active).

Just found when I changed "Card Order" to Random or Ordered, however, it worked! It automatically cycled through the cards, playing the associated sound as it went along.

It doesn't work as expected if the Card Order is set to Spaced Repetition or Short Term Goal / Leitner.

So I could get around the problem by changing the Card Order to Random or Ordered every time I just wanted to listen through the cards but it would be nice if I didn't have to go to the trouble.

Perhaps when set to Spaced Repetition / Leitner, Browse could work like the Random setting?

What are your thoughts? Is this kind of capability something you'll be looking to introduce?

Cheers,

Dougal
doogooroo

Postby Ernie » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:27 pm

I just tried a slideshow on my spaced repetition deck and it worked for me. But keep in mind that it will only cycle through the current cards being shown. Many times in spaced repetition or goal it will just show 10 or so cards (you can see card cound at bottom left), so when you run a slideshow it just runs through these 10 cards. I create a separate combination deck called "Slideshow" and include your main study deck. Set the card order to Random. This will allow you a quick way to start a slideshow of all your cards. Hopefull this idea will help. I really don't know why a slideshow doesn't work for you in spaced rep mode, as I can't duplicate this problem on my end.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby doogooroo » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:38 pm

Thanks Ernie for looking into it. If I work out any other patterns that might help you replicate it I'll let you know.

Cheers,

Dougal
doogooroo

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback