A feedback from ex-iFlipr user

A feedback from ex-iFlipr user

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:57 pm

I've been using iFlipr for awhile, but because I was so frustrated with their services, I switched to Flashcards Deluxe.

After using Flashcards Deluxe for couple days, I found some pros and cons of my switch. First of all, the interface is much better than iFlipr. I like that I can customize the color of text or the background. Overall, Flashcards Deluxe does a better job in app itself.

However, I have also found a lot of cons against iFlipr. A biggest problem I have when you make a flashcards. iFlipr offers an option to create your own set through their website, which is definitely a plus. Yes, I know I can do the same with Quizlet, but there are some options that iFlipr offers that Quizlet don't: text formatting.

I know I can format the text by putting tags on the text then upload it directly. The problem is, that whole process gets really frustrating when you try to tag for 50 flashcards (which I often do). On iFlipr, I don't have to write tags directly because there's already an tag editor available when you make flashcards. (maybe I can get some good recommendation for a free tag editor...)

Overall, I am not sure whether Flashcards Deluxe was really worth the switch.

Re: A feedback from ex-iFlipr user

Postby Ernie » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:46 pm

I don't have plans to provide an online editor. It would be great if Quizlet (or another site I can sync to) will provide this in the future. My current focus is on other areas of the app.

For editing one side at a time, try
http://cutesoft.net/example/general.aspx

Change the toolar to "Minimal" and delete their existing example text. Type your own and click the HTML button at the bottom. You can then paste this into your flashcard list in Excel. The downside of course is that you have to copy-paste every side you make (and back if you want to re-edit).

Sorry I don't have this online editing feature. Hopefully you'll find that all the other advantages to using Flashcards Deluxe will make it good choice for you.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback