Finally found the Bug in Version 2.6!!!!!!!

Finally found the Bug in Version 2.6!!!!!!!

Postby Sagitta_fr » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:20 am

The following is from the other thread that I posted earlier, where i reported two problems. I found the bug of the second problem.

“Second, it happened TWICE that a new card with 3 sides full of text that I just added literally disappeared in the deck, it’s like the cards never existed in the deck! The first time this happened, I thought maybe my memory tricked me, and maybe I didn’t “save” what I had typed on my device when I edited that new card. But it happened again after I finished adding another new card, and this time I was 100% sure that I INDEED spent 15 minutes typing a lot of stuffs on that new card which had 3 sides full of content and was even categorized! It’s all gone! I went through all the decks and I still couldn’t find the card! C’mon, it was just added a moment ago!

I hope this won’t happen again and I really want to find out if there’s any user who’s experienced the same thing that I went through with this new V 2.6. “

FINALLY, I MANAGED TO PINPOINT THE BUG!

NOW, TRY THIS FIRST, STEP BY STEP:

1. Run your Version 2.6 and go to one of your decks, click on the two-card icon to get to the card list screen.

2. Then click on that “+” button to add a new card and fill out any side of the new card, for example, type “test” in the Side1 and “bug” in the side 2, write anything if you want, just for testing the app.

3. DON’T go back to the card list screen yet when you’re done with editing the new card.

4. Now, here comes the tricky part: double-click on the home button of your iPhone to bring up the multi-tasking screen, then switch to any of the other apps that are running on your device, maybe the safari, go to the safari!

5. You don’t have to do anything when you’re in safari, just switch right back to Flashcards Deluxe.

6. So, the new card is supposed to be still there with all the data you have inputted earlier, in my case, it’s Side1: “test”, and Side2: “bug”.

7. Now, you can click on the “card” button on your top left to go back to the card list screen and search for the new card which you just added at the beginning, so type “test” or “bug” in the search bar.

8. Nothing came up, huh? I don’t think you’d find that card especially when your iPhone is a 3GS which runs IOS4 just as mine is. By the way, the number of the cards in the deck stays the same, right? It didn't increase because the card wasn't really "saved".

So here’s the thing, as long as you switch to another app before you finish editing your new card, the data will be lost, it’s like – with this V 2.6, the data is temporarily saved into the random memory when you add a new card and it’s all gone when you switch to another app.

Now you understand what happened to me the other day, right? I spent 15 minutes editing a new card, switching between this app and the safari because i needed to copy some info from the internet. But when i was done, i couldn't find the new card after i went back to the list screen, how disappointing, right?

I’ll much obliged if you can debug this in the next version, Ernie. Thanks in advance!
Sagitta_fr

Re: Finally found the Bug in Version 2.6!!!!!!!

Postby Ernie » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:42 am

Sagitta_fr,

Thanks again. Yep, it's a bug. I'll get it fixed.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Re: Finally found the Bug in Version 2.6!!!!!!!

Postby Sagitta_fr » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:45 am

You're very welcome, Ernie, I still got lots of love for your app and I'm looking forward to the V 2.7!
Sagitta_fr

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback