Isn't it about time you made a new icon?

Isn't it about time you made a new icon?

Postby QuestionGuy » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:49 pm

I mean the icon used right now is just fine and it get the job done, but it's a little old-fashioned. I'm sure that you could make a more professional looking icon.
QuestionGuy

Re: Isn't it about time you made a new icon?

Postby norbert » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:02 am

No I don't think so, I like the icon.
norbert

Postby Ernie » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:53 am

Making an icon is not easy. I'm quite happy with the current one. I'm not going to update it in the near future as my time can be much better spent programming, I think. Anyway, thanks for the feedback. I know some others also think the icon could look better. I can guarantee that if I do change it, there will be plenty of people who don't like the update, no matter what I change it to, so it gets tricky.

Thanks Norbert.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby QuestionGuy » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:02 pm

Sorry if I came off sounding like a jerk. I love the application and I use it daily-- it is incredibly well made.
QuestionGuy

Postby Ernie » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:21 pm

Na, you didn't. Others have expressed a similar view. I'll consider it at a later time.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Yuanci » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:03 pm

Is it hard making an icon itself or programming an already made icon to be the one that shows up? If the limiting reaction is making the icon itself, I can see a easy way to get an icon...

I can see there are quite a few people using this app already, so maybe hold a contest or something asking for users to submit their own icon design and then having a poll/vote from all the current users to see which icon is the favorite? It may be fun... or something...
Yuanci

Postby Ernie » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:14 pm

The hard part is creating a nice looking icon. My guess is that most people are perfectly fine with the way it is now. If anyone want to point out a flashcard app icon they like better, and/or some specific feedback why they do or don't like mine or another, I will consider this input if I'm up for a new icon in the future. Right now, I don't want to change it though.

Getting user help might be a great idea, but I don't want to waste people's time until I'm more serious about this.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Yuanci » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:53 am

Just thought it might be a fun little activity/contest thing for users to participate in over winter/summer break or something. You can always set up a pre-poll to see if people are interested in such a thing. I have no problems with the icon right now, and I'm pretty ambivalent in whether or not it changes (it's really the functionality of the app that is really awesome).
Yuanci

Postby Ernie » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:44 am

I agree it could have be a fun "community" activity. I do appreciate the good idea.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:23 pm

Just for the record - the icon's perfect as it is, in my humble opinion.

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback