Ability to centralize flashcards

Ability to centralize flashcards

Postby BlindReaper » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:23 pm

Hey

Really love this program, but I think it is missing one key componemt. The ability to have centralized flashcards which someone else can download. This way i could make some flashcards (and continuously update them), and my classmates would be able to download/re-download them at any time..

I think this could be easily done by:

- When chosing to import flashcards from google drive, let me be able to chose where the folder is. This way i can navigate to folders which has been shared with me.

- When chosing to import flashcards from google drive, let me be able to insert a link to a public google drive folder/flashcard file (or chose fx. a flashcards.txt file with the link in it - as it can be long to type the link). This would be the link to a public google drive. Public folders dosen't show up in your own google drive, but it is a great way to make flashcards accessable to everyone.

Furthermore i just discovered that I am able to edit flashcards in google drive "excel", just like editing them in MS excel (the layout is very simple and easy to use), so this would really enhance the usage of this program.

Regards
BlindReaper

Re: Ability to centralize flashcards

Postby Ernie » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:25 am

Hi. Thanks for the feedback.

One way you can share right now is using the "Shared Library". This is on the Flashcards Deluxe server. You can export decks, and your friends can find a download. If you put a unique code in say the description field, it makes it easy to search for your decks by your friends. If you don't want them public, you can export to "App Server" to create a private deck and share the deck code with your friends. Keep in mind that decks can get deleted after 20 days off my server with this latter method, as it's only designed to be used for temporary transfers.

High up on my priority list is allowing for better sharing though. I haven't figured out exactly how this will work yet though.

Google Drive is getting better. I might spend time on improving my communication with that. My app allows Dropbox importing from subfolders, which can be shared. This is what you want for Google Drive. I'll consider adding it. I like that Google Drive allows for both public and private access, and you can even specify if users can edit or not. Dropbox doesn't support read-only.

Your post gives me something to think about. I plan to tackle all of this in the next few months.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback