draw self-graded answer with your finger ?

draw self-graded answer with your finger ?

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:20 pm

How do you do this?

I'd like to be able to put spelling lists on flashcards, and I like the three sides to be able to do this. However, I really want my children to be able to handwrite for practice and for tests, which the feature description implied one could do, but I can only figure out how to put the draw feature on, not how to make it grade it.

Unless it means that the student checks himself rather that the program does it... maybe that's a little ambiguous?

Anyway, thanks :) I am trying out the lite version to see what I can do with it, and so far am planning to get the full version once I make sure I can transfer from the computer to the iPod as I do not have the patience to do careful spelling inputting on this tiny keyboard :)

Re: draw self-graded answer with your finger ?

Postby Ernie » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:18 pm

Hi. The app will not grade your answer. (It cannot figure out what text you actually drew.) So, the user needs to self-grade their answer with the standard swipe response (or tapping correct/wrong at the bottom if you turn this option on).

(I don't have patience to type much on my device either.)
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:35 pm

Thanks, Ernie :) I just want my children to be able to write as well as type. It's really bad when a 9-year-old types better than he writes, or maybe I am just old-fashioned :oops:

I'm not sure how I will work this out, because what I'd like to do is to have the sound say the spelling word, and then the child write it, but also be able to check it, which doesn't seem like it will be possible. I guess what I will do is to have them write the word on the iPod for practice, and then use a list and check it with the other side of the cards.

It's very cool that all this can be done! Thanks very much for making this app.

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:59 pm

I'm so happy! I have the side with the English word and draw on the bottom. So I "draw" the answer in the new language, tap the top, and the drawing remains while the top changes so they can check their answer :D This is great! Thank you very much!

Now if you could just put the instructions on how to put the drawing feature in in a place where It could be easily found, that would be so helpful to those of us who are kinda forgetful :)

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:04 pm

Just found out you need to have the drawing feature on on both the question and answer side in order to check it.

Very nice!

Postby Ernie » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:50 pm

I know sometimes the options are a bit hard to find. And I know that having to turn on multiple sides is sometimes confusing when you start out. This is tough for me because I want a full-featured, flexible app, so there are going to be many options. I will continue to work on improving my organization.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback