Feature Request: arbitrary side order

Feature Request: arbitrary side order

Postby mayostard » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:33 pm

Hello,

The app is fantastic and very useful. I would find it even more useful if the "Show Side First" feature was expanded into "Side Order" feature. Right now, it's only possible to show side 1 or 2 first. The workaround for showing side 3 is not very useful to me, as it combines sides 1 and 2 into a single "answer" side. What would be excellent would be an interface where you could drag the order of the sides around into whatever order you want, and even better if you could disable whichever sides you wanted.

The current application I have for this is studying geography flashcards. My current cardset has 4 sides: a map, the flag, country name and capital. I often want to study from any one of the four to the others (and often I'm only interested in two or three of the sides at a time, so turning some off would be great). The only way I can do this now is by duplicating the entire (rather large) cardset and reordering the sides in Excel. The feature I've described above would be much more elegant.

Thank you!
Dave
mayostard

Re: Feature Request: arbitrary side order

Postby Ernie » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:41 pm

Hi Dave,

You can currently do what you want... the issue is that it's not as easy as being able to drag sides up/down and check them on/off. The functionality is in the "Card Layout" screen; you just need to edit the layouts. You can start with Side 3 on Front. Tap "Edit", Side 3 on Front, Side 1>2, now notice that Side 2 contains both "T1" (text 1) and "T2" (text 2). Tap Side 2 and remove with Text 1 or Text 2 to give you want you want. For Side 3, add whatever Text # you want. After doing it once, it will hopefully make sense and give you exactly what you need.

Providing an alternate UI like you mentioned is something I might add eventually to make it easier for the user.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback