Zoom on Pictures

Zoom on Pictures

Postby Metolious » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:46 pm

Hello all,

I've created a few decks. Some of them have pictures. I copy the pictures from the same source and I upload them to quizlet.com. On my iPod Touch, Flashcards Deluxe doesn't always let me zoom on a picture (when you press on the screen and it puts the picture on the screen). Some pictures have the correct resolution and I can see it clearly and I can zoom. Others I cannot, it is just a tiny image. Help! I asked Quizlet and they said it was the problem of Flashcards Deluxe.

-Jonathan
Metolious

Re: Zoom on Pictures

Postby Ernie » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:05 pm

Jonathan,

If the picture can fit on the iPhone screen full-size, then I don't support zooming. It sounds like you think the picture is not a full size version in the app though. I haven't heard of any such issue before. Can you give me the name or link to the flashcard set on Quizlet so I can check it out myself?

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Metolious » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:48 pm

Thanks for replying quickly!

Here is the link

http://quizlet.com/3238205/muscle-tissue-flash-cards/

the first flashcard's picture is a normal size on the ipod. When you press down on the screen it removes any text the card might have a makes the picture bigger. Then you can use two fingers and zoom a little.

The rest of the pictures are just small and don't get bigger!
Metolious

Postby Metolious » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:52 pm

My guess is that it is actually Quizlet. After uploading the picture it says 'resizing image'. I wonder if it messes up the picture and makes it tiny!
Metolious

Postby Ernie » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:08 pm

The pictures are small in Quizlet's website also. In the flashcard view at top, there is a "Expand to Full Screen" button. The first flashcard looks fine, but the second has a small picture. I don't think it's a flashcards deluxe issue.

When you upload pictures to Quizlet, I think it's normal for them to resize the picture. Are you sure you are uploading pictures to Quizlet that are larger than the final result? Double-check your source, then try adding a picture again. Sorry I can't help more, but I think it's either your pictures are small to begin with or there was a problem with the Quizlet uplaod.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Metolious » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:38 pm

I am going to write a review for Flashcards Deluxe on the iTunes app store.

It will be a positive review cuzz you responded so quickly (:
Metolious

Postby Ernie » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:40 pm

Thanks Jonathan!
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback