And/or function

And/or function

Postby Squarks » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:27 pm

I have a large private deck (over 8000 cards) and the "and" function stopped working a while ago. It just says there are no cards etc.. am I misunderstanding the function, or is this a deck specific bug?
Squarks

Re: And/or function

Postby Ernie » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:48 am

I'm not sure. This is in the Cards to Study > Category _ field, correct? If you use "And", I think this means you need to have multiple category values assign to a single card (in say Category 1). Is this what you have set up? I'm don't know why there would be a recent change in behavior.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Squarks » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:23 pm

Thanks for the reply. Yea, this is in the Cards to Study category field. Admittedly, the problem arose maybe around 10(?) months ago, and on two separate devices (an iPad and an Android phone). Each card uses all four categories (eg. unit 1, chapter 5, section C, Sports), and I used to be able to choose just one or two of the categories (mostly unit and chapter) and have the other two categories marked "none" still and be able to use the "and" function. But now it seems that the app requires all four categories to be filled, or else it says "no cards exist" etc. Maybe when "and" is marked, the app sees the "none" category as a requirement, instead of ignoring it like I think it used to.
Squarks

Postby Ernie » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:13 am

I see. I did a test on my end and it's working for me. So I'm not sure why yet.

Do you want to share your deck with me so I can try it out? If you are willing, I recommend you email me at et@orangeorapple.com
Or you can post a test deck to "App Server" and tell me the deck code.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Katja from Hamburg » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:06 am

Maybe when "and" is marked, the app sees the "none" category as a requirement, instead of ignoring it like I think it used to.

"none" means no category is allowed. so if your card has any category 3 it will be not part of the AND result.
To solve this mark all values including undefined in the category 3 and it will work.
Katja from Hamburg

Postby Ernie » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:55 pm

Thank you Katja! Yes, maybe that's it.

Change "None" (Unassigned only) to "All" and maybe that will give you what you are looking for.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Squarks » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:08 am

Marking "all" worked!!

Thank you Ernie and Katja for helping me out, and thanks for the fantastic care and concern you have for the people who ask questions on this site.

I wish you the very best,

Squarks
Squarks

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback