A problem with combination decks.

A problem with combination decks.

Postby locke » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:41 pm

When I try to create a combination deck to include multiple decks, I find the the layouts have to be the same. But when I try creating a combination deck with "Settings by sub-deck" enabled, I cannot choose all decks, most of which don't even show in the list of deck selection of the combination deck. So is it possible to choose from all decks the ones I want to include while still reserving their individual layouts?
locke

Re: A problem with combination decks.

Postby Ernie » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:05 am

Correct. Without settings-by-subdeck turned on, the deck options of the combo deck will override the base decks. With the setting turned on, the app will use the options/layout from the base decks. As for why decks are showing, if you have "advanced layout" turned on for the base decks, you can't add those to the combo deck with that setting on. Maybe that's why they don't show up? You'll need to turn off "advanced layout" in the base decks if you want to do that.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby locke » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:28 am

Ernie wrote:Correct. Without settings-by-subdeck turned on, the deck options of the combo deck will override the base decks. With the setting turned on, the app will use the options/layout from the base decks. As for why decks are showing, if you have "advanced layout" turned on for the base decks, you can't add those to the combo deck with that setting on. Maybe that's why they don't show up? You'll need to turn off "advanced layout" in the base decks if you want to do that.

Thanks. I got it. So maybe you can improve this so that in the future, a combination deck will be able to include all the decks with their advanced layouts?
locke

Postby Ernie » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:13 pm

The app won't ever support combo deck "by sub deck" with adv layout turned on due to complications in coding.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby locke » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:03 am

Ernie wrote:The app won't ever support combo deck "by sub deck" with adv layout turned on due to complications in coding.

But when "by sub deck" is turned off, a combination deck will support adv layouts for each individual deck. I understand now and have tested that. That'll be all I need. Thanks. :D
locke

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback